Simple Ways to Start Nesting This Fall
posted by Mary Gallimore on October 15, 2010
Fall is finally here and we have some gorgeous, textural ways to layer on the warmth....
- Add an inviting Egyptian cotton layer to your bed with Peacock Alley All-Seasons Blankets in white, natural or linen.
- Fluff up pillows on sofas and chairs with perfect-for-autumn shades in linen by Libeco, or glorious bold prints by Design Legacy.
- Drape a soft, luxurious cotton or mohair throw over the back of your favorite chair to wrap up in while you're reading - or dozing.
- Illuminate your rooms by paying special attention to lamps and shades. Jamie Young has a wealth of elegant options, while Slip practically lets you design your own.
- Set the mood with a scented candle, like Kobo's '24' with tones of smoke, leather and oakmoss, or a reed diffuser in rich green notes by Alora or Simpatico.
- Paint a room for living! Warm, earthy tones like spicy oranges, warm greens, caramels and chocolates help you feel relaxed and cozy.
- Check out our new collection of Spectrum wool rugs by Company C in textured hues like Pumpkin, Black Bean, Moss and Amethyst, in sizes to fit a doorway, a hallway, or the whole floor!
Fall is also a fun time to be in the kitchen and to entertain family and friends...
- Dress your table with luscious, easy-care linens in autumnal colors and patterns by Le Jacquard and Couleur Nature.
- Find new comfort food recipes in books like Braises and Stews, Savory Baking, and A Good Day for Soup to make for a relaxed and casual 'big night in'.
- Bring flora and fauna indoors with sustainable wood, pewter, naturally-shed antler and recycled aluminum tableware and serving accessories by Vagabond House and Mariposa.
- An uneven row or cluster of candles in rich, warm hues add graceful lighting to the dining table or buffet.
And the best layer of all? Surround yourself with those you love.